Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Where to begin

Some may call it boring, outdated and corny, but I still believe that a traditional introduction is the best way to begin a conversation.

My name is Wilson Roberts and I am a senior Communications Studies/Political Science double major from Sudbury, Massachusetts.

With that out of the way, I would like to tell you a little about my future goals and aspirations for my life and this class. 

Although ideas of what I want to do with my life seemingly change daily, I believe that the core of this class will help me to achieve my long and short term goals. Whether I end up studying international cooking techniques or lobbying on Capitol Hill, communication and digital media will be an important part of my future. Should I find myself traveling the world, properly documenting my studies through traditional and video blogging will be important. Should I find myself in Washington, it will be important to stay updated on current events and trends through social media. Finally, even if I find myself doing something completely different, I know that my skills in digital communications will serve me well.


For my project, my idea is to explore the idea of Greenville being a culinary hub in the United States. While I think that the idea itself may sound a bit overdone, I think that I could put a creative twist on it by comparing the culinary scene in Greenville to the culinary scenes in other cities. How does food in Greenville compare to food in a culinary hub such as New York City or San Francisco? My goal would be to talk to those at the center of the food revolution in Greenville, hopefully including people such as Rick Erwin and Carl Sobocinski.

No comments:

Post a Comment